Payment terms are normally set out in the contract documents, but they may be stage payments, annual / quarterly / monthly payments or payment on completion.
Payment is usually within 30 days of receipt of a correct invoice, unless otherwise agreed.
To ensure that your payment is dealt with efficiently and to avoid delays, please ensure that you:
- submit the invoice in the format agreed in the contract;
- quote the purchase order number and / or contract title;
- address it to the correct officer and location;
- ensure that it adds up correctly;
- include as much information as possible about what the payment is for;
- only include requests for payment of supplied goods or services;
The Council makes payment by Cheque or BACS or Purchasing Cards. The use of BACS ensures that the payment goes directly into the contractors / suppliers bank account. BACS is the Council's preferred method. Purchasing Cards are presently only available for certain purchases.