We provide a number of public toilets throughout Bedford Borough.
- Download a list and map of toilet facilities in Bedford town centre with opening times
- Public toilets are also available in Bedford Park, Russell Park, Mowsbury Park and Addison Howard Park
Community Toilet Scheme
Our Community Toilet Scheme provides a network of public toilets within various town centre shops and restaurants, adding to the number of toilets available.
Wherever you see a sticker in the window of a participating business you are welcome to use the toilet facilities without having to ask or make a purchase.
- Beales - 5a Harpur Street (disabled, baby changing)
- Burger King - 9 Harpur Street (upstairs, baby changing)
- Café Crema - 59 High Street (unisex)
- Coffee With Art - 82 High Street (unisex, baby changing)
- KFC - 63 Tavistock Street - (no disability toilet nor baby changing)
- McDonalds - 9 High Street (upstairs, disabled downstairs)
- The Executive Snooker Club - 3a Lurke Street
This list is correct as of March 2019, but it may change without us being notified.
Find out how your business can join the Community Toilet Scheme.
RADAR toilet keys
A RADAR Key opens over 9,000 locked public disabled toilets, enabling people with a disability to used locked toilets facilities across the UK.
Anyone who considers themselves to have a disability is eligible for a RADAR Key.
To apply please download a RADAR toilet key application form (PDF) and either return it to us by post or in person.
Bedford Borough Council
Customer Service Centre
2 Horne Lane
RADAR Key cost
- New RADAR key: £2.50
- Replacement key: £6
Bedford Borough Council only accepts card payment for RADAR keys.
Changing Places disabled persons' toilet
The River Street multi-storey car park in Bedford town centre has a Changing Places disabled persons' toilet on the first floor.
Changing Places toilets are designed to meet the needs of all people with a disability by providing more space and equipment such as a height-adjustable, adult-sized changing bench and a hoist.