Find health advice for residents, advice for businesses and scam awareness during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Government is continually updating and expanding its coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and guidance for individuals and businesses. The latest information can be found here.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If you or anyone you live with has any of these symptoms please book a COVID-19 test online as soon as possible. You can also phone 119 to book a test.
If you test positive, or are made aware that you have been in contact with an infected person, we encourage you to engage with the NHS Test and Trace programme.
If your symptoms worsen during self-isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency, dial 999.
For the latest health information and advice, visit the NHS website.
To help reduce the spread of coronavirus, take the basic hygiene steps:
- sneeze or cough into a tissue and bin it immediately
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand gel
- don’t touch your face unless you’ve just washed your hands
Everyone is being asked to limit their social interaction in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19) and save lives. See the latest government advice here.
Wearing a face covering can help protect others and yourself from the spread of coronavirus. Face coverings are now compulsory in shops, supermarkets and our Council buildings. See guidance on face coverings, when to wear one and more about how to stop the spread of coronavirus from GOV.UK.
Advice for people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
The government has updated its guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19.
Accessing food and essential supplies
The government has produced advice on how to get food and essential supplies during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Businesses and employers
If you are a business or venue, find out what to do on our coronavirus outbreak business advice page, including:
- how to help prevent spread of COVID-19
- what to do if you have a suspected or confirmed case amongst your workforce
- new legislation to enforce closure
- businesses and other venues subject to further social distancing measures
- report a business or venue that is open when it should be closed
- get advice for your business
- business support including business rate relief and grants
We are reminding residents to beware of COVID-19 scams. You can find further information about this on our trading standards pages.
Page last reviewed on 16 March 2021