Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum
Businesses that were open as usual and then required to close between 5 November and 2 December 2020 due to national restrictions may be eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- is based in the Bedford Borough Council area
- occupies property on which it pays business rates (and is the ratepayer)
- has been required to close because of the national restrictions from 5 November to 2 December 2020
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
You cannot get funding if:
- you can continue to operate during the period of restrictions because you do not depend on providing direct in-person services from your premises (for example accountants)
- you have chosen to close, but have not been required to close as part of national restrictions
- you have exceeded the permitted state aid limit
Businesses required to close due to the new national restrictions will be eligible for the following:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period, or £667 per two weeks
- For properties with a rateable value over £15k and less than £51k, grants to be £2,000 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period, or £1,000 per two weeks
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or above, grants to be £3,000 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period, or £1,500 per two weeks
You can apply for a Discretionary Grant if your business:
- is not the business ratepayer
- occupies and is trading from business premises located within the Bedford Borough Council area
- has fixed costs in respect of business premises
- is required to close under regulations relating to the national or local restrictions starting on 5 November 2020
Further information required
The awards are all subject to eligibility criteria and in order for payment to be arranged the Council requires some additional information including your business rates account number along with a current bank account or building society statement.
If your business received a business support grant from the Council earlier in the year and your business is required to close under the national lockdown measures, you do not need to contact us again. We will pay grants automatically where we can and will contact you if we need further information to check if you are eligible.