England is now in a national lockdown.
The business support grant information on this page was last updated on 15 January 2021.
Businesses required to close due to local or national restrictions
Businesses in Bedford Borough required to close due to local or national restrictions from 19 December 2020 will be entitled to a business support grant.
If you have previously received a grant from the Council because your business was required to close on 5 November 2020 and it was required to close again under the restrictions in place from 19 December 2020, you will automatically receive this additional grant.
The grants will be paid fortnightly, or at intervals as specified by the Government. All payments will be made by bank transfer.
The amount businesses will receive is based on their rateable value:
- Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less will receive £667
- Business with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £1,000
- Business with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above will receive £1,500
If your business has been required to close under the local or national restrictions at anytime from 5 November 2020, but you have not received a grant from the Council, you should apply using the online form below:
Businesses not required to close due to local or national restrictions
If your business was not required to close due to local or national restrictions imposed by government, your business may be eligible for a business support grant if it:
- occupies business premises in Bedford Borough and has fixed business premises costs
- has been significantly, adversely affected by the local or national restrictions since 5 November 2020
You can apply for a Discretionary Grant if your business:
- is not the business ratepayer
- occupies and is trading from business premises located within the Bedford Borough Council area
- has fixed costs in respect of business premises
- is required to close under regulations relating to the national or local restrictions from 5 November 2020 onwards.
Further information required
The awards are all subject to eligibility criteria and in order for payment to be arranged the Council requires some additional information including your business rates account number along with a current bank account or building society statement.
If your business received a business support grant from the Council earlier in the year and your business is required to close under the national lockdown measures, you do not need to contact us again. We will pay grants automatically where we can and will contact you if we need further information to check if you are eligible.