Employing your own care and support is normally called employing a personal assistant. This is rather than using an agency to find them for you. It can give you a lot more choice and control over who you have to help you and what they do for you.
This toolkit will help guide you through the process of employing a personal assistant, what to do when they are working for you as well as helping you to understand your responsibilities as an employer and your legal obligations.
The toolkit has several sections covering the following subjects like:
- benefits of employing a personal assistant
- recruiting a personal assistant
- before your personal assistant starts
- managing your personal assistant
- training and qualifications
- sorting out problems