Bedford Borough Council’s Adults' Services is committed to developing and providing good quality information and advice for existing and future users of our services and their carers and families.
We will ensure that information about the help and support that is available from the Council and partner agencies such as NHS services and third sector providers is easily and widely accessible.
This information will enable people to make informed choices about the services that are available to them.
The following information resources and directories are currently available:
- Adult Social Care Leaflets are available describing the services that are provided by Bedford Borough Council's Adults' Services. All leaflets are also available in a large print format.
- Adult social care charging and eligibility policies - covering the services provided by Bedford Borough Council's Adults' Services.
- Safe, healthy and well - a one-stop information leaflet which brings together existing services offered by Bedford Borough Council, and other organisations to help residents of Bedford Borough keep safe, healthy and well during the winter months
- Adult social care jargon buster - a plain English guide to the most commonly used social care words and phrases and what they mean. The definitions were developed and tested by a steering group that included people who use services, carers, representatives from local authorities, information providers and key stakeholders from across the social care sector. Copyright Think Local Act Personal
- Adult Social Care Services Local Account 2017/18 - this document is Bedford Borough Council's Local Account of the delivery of adult social care services in Bedford Borough during 2017/18 and our plans and priorities for 2018/19.
- 111 - The New NHS Number - the telephone number to call when you need medical help fast – but it’s not an emergency
- The Bedford Advice Directory has been created by the Bedfordshire Advice Forum (BAF). You can use this Directory to find out where to get advice and information on a wide range of issues and services provided by BAF's members.
- Bedfordshire and Luton Directory 2017/18 gives an overview of adult care and support services. The directory also includes listings of home care providers and care homes across Bedfordshire and Luton. To request a copy of the Directory please contact: Gillian Abbott, Bedford Borough Council, Borough Hall (Room 607), Cauldwell Street, Bedford MK42 9AP. Tel: 01234 276027 or e mail: email@example.com
- Dementia Connect - Alzheimer's Society's new and improved dementia services directory for anyone affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. With over 4,000 listings of local information, support and services, it's the most comprehensive and easy-to-use online directory of its kind.
- Enter your postcode or place name to find voluntary, statutory and private services nearest and most relevant to you. Each listing includes a map and clear, essential information about that service.
- The Directory of Services (Adults) contains information on organisations and services that are available to provide information, advice, help and support to people in Bedford Borough.
- Support from HM Revenue and Customs HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is introducing a new way to support people who need extra help to get their taxes, tax credits and child benefit entitlements right.
- From the end of June 2014, HMRC’s Enquiry Centres will be replaced by a
- new service offering specialist help over the phone for those who need it, supported by a mobile team of face-to-face advisers. This service will be accessed through our normal phone lines.
- To find out more about the new service and how to access HMRC services go to www.hmrc.gov.uk/extrahelp. Download the flyer here (PDF).
- Independent Age offers advice and information on care and support to older people, their families and carers, including: paying for care home fees and choosing a care home, top up fees and if they should be paid, managing your money and affairs if you become too ill to do this yourself, entitlement to benefits
- Bedford Borough Council and Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (BCCG) have co-produced Joint Commissioning Strategies for: Carers, Learning Disability, Mental Health, Older People, Physical Disability and Sensory Impairment. These documents set out our joint priorities for the next four years (2013-2017).
- NHS Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough Council work together on the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment to understand the future health, care and wellbeing needs of the local community.
- The Local Information Database is managed by the Library Service and contains details of local clubs, organisations and societies in Bedfordshire and Luton.
Please tell us if you find any inaccurate information or want to suggest additional information to include.