Talk to us
If you are being abused or you are supporting someone who has experienced abuse, please get in touch with us – you don’t have to say who you are.
You can get help in any of these ways:
- Ring the Duty Social Worker on 01234 718700, Monday to Thursday 8:50am to 5:20pm and Friday 8:50am to 4:20pm.
- You can also call the emergency duty team on 0300 300 4200 at night and weekends, and tell them what is happening.
- In an emergency – ring the police on 999.
If you don’t want to talk to someone you don’t know, you can ask an adult that you trust, like a teacher or youth worker or even a friend, to make the phone call for you.
When people are working with children they have to follow set procedures, but they will explain to you what they will do and should be able to support you through the process.
Organisations to contact for help and advice
- Action for Children supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable children and young people in the UK. It offers help and support for disabled children, young people, children in care and family support.
- Bedfordshire Against CSE - information for young people and parents/carers, on what CSE is, how to spot the signs, and what to do if you're concerned about it.
- Bedfordshire Domestic Abuse Partnership - information on where to go for help and local support services. 24 hour Helpline 0808 2000 247
- Bedfordshire Young People Substance Misuse Service (Aquarius) - supports 5 to 19 year olds impacted by substance misuse (own use or parents)
- Brook - Sexual health and wellbeing service for under 25 year olds
- CAMHS - Children and adolescent mental health service for East London, Luton and Bedfordshire
- CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) - What to do if you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online
- Childhood Bereavement Network is a national, multi-professional federation of organisations and individuals working with bereaved children and young people.
- Childline - Children and young people can call the helpline on 0800 1111 about any problem, at any time - day or night.
- Childnet - advice to stay safe while using the internet
- Chums (Child Bereavement, Trauma and Wellbeing Service) Tel: 01525 863924 Email:email@example.com
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Offers support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies. Free helpline: 0808 808 1677
- Disrespect NoBody website - read up on the different types of abuse, get advice and have a look at the organisations that can help
- Frank - Confidential service offering advice, support with drugs and alcohol issues for all ages.Phone: 0800 776 600
- Galop - LGBT+ anti-violence charity
- The Hideout - advice for children and young people about domestic violence
- Hope Programme - telephone helpline, emotional support and counselling for children over 10, and adults, who have suffered rape and sexual violence.
- Kidscape - advice on how to deal with bullying
- Lawstuff - legal advice and information
- Let's Talk About It - practical help and guidance to the public to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism
- Mind BLMK (Bedford) - mental health support and advice
- National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) is a UK charity providing children's rights and socio-legal services. It offers information, advice, advocacy and legal representation to children and young people up to the age of 25
- NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) is the UK's leading charity specialising in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children.
- Runaway Helpline - if you are thinking about running away, if you have already run away, or if you have been away and come back
- Samaritans Tel: 0845 7909090 Provides emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide
- Thinkuknow.co.uk is a website designed to raise awareness of the dangers of the internet.
- Victim Support offers information and support to children and young people affected by crime
- YoungMinds - mental health advice and support