Skip to main content

Accessing your social care records

Children's Services needs to keep information to help us make decisions about the service provided to you and to plan future services.

This information may also be a help to those who have received services in the past and wish to look back at what was happening in that period of their life.

This leaflet explains how to access your child social care records which we may hold about you.

If you wish to seek access to your own personal care files please use the link below for the appropriate form

If you are a parent seeking to access your children’s file please use this link below for the appropriate form.

This only applies to children under the age of 12. Anyone over this age owns their own records and you will need written permission and a contact telephone for that person in order for us to verify with them that you have permissions to see their data.

Please ensure you supply all the Identification required and payment upon submission of the form. The 40 day statutory processing does not start until we receive this.