Skip to main content

If you go into hospital you will need someone to look after your pet.

The most common option is to ask a family member, good neighbour or friend to help. If not, for cats and dogs, you may need to contact a local kennel or cattery. You should be able to find details of these in your local telephone directory.

You could ask your local veterinary surgeon or the local Dog Warden to suggest some options.

Bedford Borough District Dog Warden: 01234 267422

You could also contact the following organisations who may be able to assist:

Pets Placement, a charitable organisation - if you register your pet with them in advance, they will arrange pet care if you have to go into hospital.

Pets Placement
PO Box 2038

Tel: 01280 849000
Fax: 01280 848875

The Cinnamon Trust which is also a charitable organisation (based in Cornwall) who have 4,500 registered volunteers across the UK. They may be able to help you find pet care if you have to go into hospital.

Foundry House
Foundry Square
TR27 4HH

Tel: 01736 757900
Fax: 01736 757010

Find Pet Boarding allows you to search for local kennels/catteries/small animal boarding visit.