The role of Adult Services is to advise and support vulnerable people age 18 years and over who are in need of social care services and risk losing their independence.
Where we cannot provide services we can often provide advice and information on alternative services in the community.
We provide services to:
- Older people
- People with housing related support needs
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health problems
- People with disabilities, sensory needs and long term conditions
- People with substance misuse issues
- Carers – anybody who provides unpaid care to people in the above groups.
We aim to support people to live independently in your own home or where this is not possible, to provide alternative care arrangements that allow you to be as independent as possible.