We make sure you are fully supported as a foster carer and won’t be expecting you to go it alone.
We provide you with:
- a supervising social worker who will provide regular supervision and contact, and who will also support you at meetings about the child in you care
- a ‘buddy’ foster carer who can provide advice and guidance
- regular training opportunities, including mandatory training that you must attend
- regular support groups where you can meet other foster carers and share experiences
- a regular newsletter packed full of information and resources
- allowances for the child/young person to cover costs whilst they are in your care
- a fee for you
- activities for your own children (if you have them)
There is also Bedfordshire Foster Care Association, which is a useful resource and who run regular events and activities.
Want to find out more? Call us on 01234 718718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org