Adoption is a lifelong journey for you and your child and often you will both require information and support during the years following granting of the adoption order.
What happens after I've adopted my child?
There may be times throughout your child's life when you would find it helpful to talk to someone outside of the family about issues relating to adoption, for example:
- wanting some ideas about how to talk to your child about adoption
- needing advice on how to react to and cope with your child's feelings about his or her adoption
- concern about pre-agreed contact arrangements with birth family
We can offer:
- the chance to meet up with other adopters and adoptive families
- groups and workshops to help explain adoption to your children
- discussion and counselling on any aspect of adoption
- an assessment of your adoption support needs at any time until your child reaches the age of 18 or 25 if they have special educational needs or a disability
Our Adoption Team will be happy to talk to you to discuss your individual support needs.
For further information call 01234 718718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.