the information on this page and the current Short Breaks Service is under review (July 2018).
Bedford Borough Council has a responsibility to provide a range of Short Breaks Services designed to assist individuals who provide care for children with disabilities to enable them to continue to do so, or to do so more effectively by giving them breaks from their caring role.
This statement provides information about this responsibility and is reviewed on 1st April annually.
Bedford Borough Council is committed to working with its communities and partners to improve the local quality of life.
- Working together with our partners, we are determined to make the Borough a better place to live work and visit.
- We are committed to supporting children and young people with disabilities and are determined to provide the right support to them and their families.
- We will promote the safety and well being of children and young people with disabilities, ensuring they can fully participate in family and community life, enjoy themselves with friends and make meaningful decisions about their own lives.
- We will continue to work closely with families and key professionals to help children and young people with disabilities to enjoy opportunities to reach their potential and fulfil their ambitions.
- We will offer locally based, culturally appropriate services to meet the needs of Bedford Borough's growing communities, and provide support to organisations delivering Short Break Services.
- We will be clear and equitable, gaining an understanding of individual circumstances where possible and allocating services based on identified and assessed needs.
- We are committed to making the best use of the resources available to us in achieving this vision.
Short Breaks Services Statement download
Our Short Breaks Services Statement is available to download here: