Skip to main content

Children with a disability


Choosing childcare is a big step for any parent but if your child has a disability you are likely to be more anxious about finding the right care. 

Early Years settings have a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) who will be able to discuss what is right for you and your child within the setting.

Please contact the Family Information Service on 0800 023 2057 for a list of local childcare services to meet the needs of your child.

Local activities and services

We aim to collect as much information as possible on local activities and services for children with a special educational need or disability. You can visit Bedford Borough's online Local Offer Directory to find out what's in your local area and where to turn for advice and support.

Bedford Borough Register for Children and Young People with Disabilities

The Register for Children and Young People with Disabilities is a database that holds information about children and young people, aged 0 – 25 years, who have a disability living in Bedford Borough.

The register helps us to keep families informed about local services available in their area that parents / carers might find useful. It also helps Bedford Borough Council to plan and develop services for children and young people with disabilities.

If you are the parent of, or have parental responsibility for, a child or young person with a disability or additional need, you can get their details added to the register by completing a registration form. Speak to the Local Offer Team for more details. 

Alternatively you can complete the e-form located on our SEN and Disability Guide.

Contact the Local Offer Team


Tel: 01234 276054