The Pupil Voice Network aims to give young people and School Council staff the opportunity to engage with other School Council members and leads.
Pupil Voice Network
The Pupil Voice Network brings together and supports School Councils and the staff that coordinate them by providing:
- support for Pupil Voice / School Council leads or coordinators in schools
- training for pupils on the role of School Council Member and being representative and inclusive
- training for staff on engagement and the best ways for children and young people to be involved throughout the school
- training packages for schools who want to grow and develop pupil voice within their institution
- access to resources, information, advice and guidance
- coordinated Bedford wide projects and partnership working (e.g. United Kingdom Youth Parliament and National/Local Campaigns)
- access to funding opportunities to support the active involvement of children and young people
- an online ‘virtual’ library for access to resources
Meetings and Conferences
Meetings can be hosted with Pupil Voice / School Council leads or coordinators to share good practice, problem-solve and encourage partnership working.
Annual themed conferences for staff and young people will be facilitated; which will include elements of consultation and training opportunities.
Previous conferences have been very well attended, but we aim to grow the Pupil Voice Network even further.
Get involved and have your say
If you are interested in having your say, then get involved with the Pupil Voice Network. Contact the Engagement and Development team:
Tel: 01234 718440