Bedford Borough Council has its own Training and Assessment Centre (BTAC).
- We offer training advice and courses to both those working in the childcare profession and those wishing to begin a career in childcare.
- We also offer recruitment advice to childcare settings looking to recruit new staff, and advertise job vacancies.
- We offer a confidential, impartial service and we are inclusive.
Bedfordshire employment and skills service
We deliver some courses on behalf of the Bedfordshire Employment and Skills Service (BESS), part of Central Bedfordshire Council, which provides us with funding.
Courses are targeted to support residents in gaining skills relevant to the needs of employers in Bedfordshire or to meet health and well-being needs. Courses are free of charge, subject to eligibility criteria.
See the full range of courses and support provided by BESS.
Early Years training courses
Are you working or volunteering with children in a Bedford Borough school or Early Years setting?
There are new courses for teaching assistants and early years assistants starting soon.
- 10 hours a week, voluntary or paid work
- A series of one-day workshops in Bedford
- A personal assessor to help support you through the qualification
- No exams at the end
Some funding may be available particularly if you are a claiming Jobseeker's Allowance.
Call the Recruitment Helpline telephone 01234 228847 to speak to a trained advisor for an informal chat.
You can also email us at NVQhelp@bedford.gov.uk
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter: