Skip to main content

Scaffolding and hoarding

Anyone that will be temporarily occupying a public highway (road or pavement) for the purpose of erecting scaffolding, hoardings, depositing skips or temporary storing of materials will need to obtain a permit from Bedford Borough Council.

Permits can be obtained by applying to the Highways department.

If this affects a parking bay or bays within the Controlled Parking Zone you will also need to make an application to the Parking shop for the suspension of the bay(s).