After the Christmas celebrations are over and all the decorations are down don’t forget to recycle your real Christmas tree.
25 tonnes of real Christmas trees were collected from the Council’s collection points across Bedford Borough last year; make sure yours is one of the lucky ones sent for composting.
Real Christmas trees can be dropped off at one our Christmas tree recycling sites between Friday 28th December and Friday 11th January. Sites include:
- Hillgrounds Road, Kempston - Opposite the shops near Hartwell Drive
- Jubilee Park, Bedford - Opposite North Lodge, Canvin Way
- Milton Ernest Garden Centre - Radwell Road
- Mowsbury Park car park - off Kimbolton Road
- Podington Garden Centre - High Street, Podington
- Roxton Garden Centre - Bedford Road, Roxton near A1 Black Cat roundabout
- Seasons Garden Centre, Wixams - Bedford Road, Wixams
- Household Waste Recycling Centre - Barkers Lane, Bedford
Cllr Charles Royden, Portfolio Holder for Environment and Transport said “Our Christmas tree recycling sites are open for two weeks after Christmas, ready for Christmas trees to be dropped off for free. Real Christmas trees are biodegradable, and getting it composted is a great and green way to deal with your tree after Christmas.”
Please make sure all decorations and containers are removed before you drop your tree off.
To get alerts about bin collections, and tips for Christmas recycling sign up to the Council’s email bulletins at www.bedford.gov.uk/stayconnected