Welcome to the Licensing Service's area of the website concerned with the Licensing Act 2003. Here you can
- download application forms
- find out about the latest licensing news and also
- find out general information about what we do
The Licensing Act 2003
This introduced significant changes to licensing laws. The provisions of that Act, as originally enacted, has, in turn, been subsequently amended significantly.
The Licensing Act 2003 amalgamated six existing licensing regimes:
- public entertainment
- late night refreshment houses
- night cafes
To download copies of the information leaflets and application forms regarding the Licensing Act 2003, please go to the relevant pages listed below:
- Premises Licence
- Club Premise Certificate
- Personal Licence
- Temporary Event Notice
- Late Temporary Event Notice (Less than 10 days before event)
Cumulative Impact Policy areas adopted
Please note that with effect from May 2018 three Cumulative Impact Policy areas apply to the following licence types:
- Midland Road zone area - Off-licences and late night refreshment premises.
- High Street zone area - On-premises and late night refreshment premises.
- Tavistock Street zone area - Off Licences and late night refreshment premises.
The effect of adopting a Cumulative Impact Policy is to create a "rebuttable presumption". That is, if relevant representations are received, applications for new premises licences and club premises certificates or material variations to existing licences / certificates will not be granted, unless the applicant can demonstrate that the operation of the premises involved will not add to the cumulative impact being experience in a particular area.
Please contact the Licensing Team for further information should it be required.
A Public Register showing details of a premise can be viewed at the links below:
- Statement of Licensing Policy 2018-2023 (PDF)
- Guidance to Members dealing with Licensing Matters (PDF)
- Guidance Making Representations (PDF)
- Guidance Appealing Licensing Decisions (PDF)
- Guidance Applying for a Review (PDF)
- Licensing Fees, from April 2017. (PDF)
GDPR and Privacy StatementsView the full GDPR privacy statement for Licensing here
Should you require further information please contact the Licensing Team as follows:
Tel. 01234 276934
Fax: 01234 718392
Bedford Borough Council
Bedford MK42 9AP