There are some additional updates and guidance relating to new legal requirements that have been placed on businesses, new national lockdown announced on 4 January 2021.
Updates announced 4 January 2021
The following hospitality venues must close for consumption on their premises:
- Restaurants; pubs; bars, including those in hotels or members’ clubs, and shisha bars; social clubs
- Cafes and canteens, excluding those exempted below
These closed premises can continue to provide:
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks on a takeaway basis between 5am and 11pm. This means that customers can enter the premises to place and collect their order. Food and drink can also be sold for delivery, and via click and collect where orders are made online, by telephone or by post; and drive through;
- Food and drinks for delivery, via click and collect and drive through only between 11pm and 5am. Click-and-collect and delivery services can only operate where goods are pre-ordered (by phone, online, via a mobile app or by post) and collected without entering the premises. Venues offering click-and-collect or delivery services must not include alcoholic beverages if their licence does not already permit.
- Alcohol can only be provided by way of delivery where the goods are pre-ordered (by phone, online, via a mobile app or by post)
Hospitality venues providing food and drink for consumption off the premises are not permitted to allow customers to consume from any adjacent seating to the premises (with the exception of motorway service areas, airports, seaports, and the international terminal at Folkestone).
Keep up to date with any changes by regularly reviewing the guidance available for the hospitality industry on the gov.uk website.
We also recommend you check the government's business support information page which provides information about financial support available to businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.
We understand that this is a very stressful and anxious time for everyone in the hospitality industry and we recognise that all businesses have had an incredibly challenging year. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your continued co-operation and patience through this difficult period.