Some children’s play areas and outdoor gyms in Bedford Borough have reopened.
We have removed some equipment to help maintain social distancing and produced new signage to publicise the rules that people must follow to stay safe when using the play equipment.
Play areas are not disinfected and so are used at visitors’ own risk.
Rules for visiting the play areas
Please familiarise yourself with the play area rules below before visiting:
- please stay at home if you or your children are displaying symptoms of coronavirus, and get a test.
- bring hand sanitiser and use it before and after entering the play area
- bring wipes and wipe down any equipment your children wish to use, before and after use
- supervise children at all times, with a maximum of 1 parent/carer per child
- only allow one child on each piece of equipment at a time
- maintain social distancing
- do not allow your child to touch their face while in the play area
- do not eat or drink anything within the play area
- take away any litter or rubbish that you have
We ask parents and carers to limit your family’s visit to a play area to one hour to allow other people to enjoy it. If the play area if busy, please come back another time.
These rules also apply to the outdoor gym equipment.
You can also view the new play area rules on this poster (PDF).
Play areas/gym equipment open in the first phase
- Russell Park
- Mowsbury Park
- Addison Howard Park
- Jubilee Park
- Bedford Park
- Goldington Green
- Great Denham Country Park
- Westbourne Gardens