We value our employees and want to attract, motivate and retain the best staff.
- Competitive salary with incremental rises each year* until the top of the salary grade is reached. Appointments will be made at the first point of the advertised grade unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Nationally agreed cost of living awards. Salaries are paid on the 27th day of each month.
- Unless otherwise stated the standard working week is 37 hours.
- Appointments are subject to a six month probationary period.
- Minimum of 26 days' annual leave, rising to 31 days after five years' local government service. This is exclusive of bank holidays.
- Occupational sick pay scheme - up to six months’ full pay and six months’ half pay after five years' local government service.
- Contributory final average salary pension scheme (variable contribution rates).
- Flexi-time Scheme – dependent on post.
- Flexible working hours and patterns to help maintain work-life balance.
- Relocation Scheme (subject to meeting eligibility criteria).
- Confidential counselling and welfare service.
- Range of family friendly policies including generous maternity/paternity entitlements.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Rail season ticket loan scheme.
- Financial assistance for career development.
- Loans for car purchases (designated car user posts only).
- Smoke free buildings/sites.
- Discounted parking whilst at work
*Posts covered by NJC and Soulbury terms and conditions.