To help attract, motivate and retain staff we
have in place conditions of service and benefits that recognise the
importance we place on our people.
- Nationally agreed cost of living awards. Salaries are paid on the 27th day of each month.
- Unless otherwise stated the standard working week is 37 hours.
- Appointments are subject to a 6 month probationary period.
- Minimum of 26 days rising to 31 days after 5 years local government service. This is exclusive of bank holidays.
- Occupational sick pay scheme - up to 6 months’ full pay and 6 months’ half pay after 5 years local government service.
- Entry to the LGPS.
- Subsidised parking during working hours for Designated Car Users (free car parking for grade 10 posts) and access to the main car park.
- Flexible working hours and patterns to help maintain work life balance, with a Flexi-time Scheme.
- Relocation Scheme up to £8,000.
- Confidential counselling and welfare service.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Range of family friendly policies including generous maternity/paternity entitlements.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket rail loan scheme.
- Financial assistance for career development.
- Subsidised staff restaurant.
- Loans for car purchases (Designated user posts only).