Are you an occupational therapist looking for a move?
Do you want to be part of an organisation with a sense of momentum and commitment to improvement and professional development?
We have full time and part time positions available on a one-year fixed-term contract.
At Bedford Borough Council you can apply for an occupational therapy vacancy at anytime.
Contact the Recruitment Team at Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about the vacancies.
Working under guidance within relevant legislation, you will:
- assess clients' needs
- identify options for meeting those needs
- review outcomes within the Department’s procedures, to provide is person-centred intervention
As an active member of the Occupational Therapy Team, you will maintain effective relationships with other agencies to determine good outcomes.
We have a career progression scheme in place, and will look to recruit at the appropriate level to recognise your knowledge and experience, and to enable you to grow in the role with us.
Qualifications and skills
For all levels you will:
- have a BSc or equivalent in occupational therapy, with current Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration and evidence of continuing professional development.
- have the ability to work alone and as part of a team, using own initiative and ability to be flexible.
- demonstrate sound knowledge of current legislation that may affect work within the community, including the Care Act
Occupational Therapist Level 1
£24,313 - £26,999 (pro rata for part time) pa plus Recruitment and Retention Allowance of 3%
Quote ref P000807/level 1
For level 1 posts you will carry a workload under the supervision and guidance of a line manager, in a team setting and demonstrate:
- knowledge and understanding of the values and principles underpinning working with vulnerable adults within a community setting, and an understanding of the Standards of Proficiency from HCPC
- the ability to manage a varied caseload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Occupational Therapist Level 2
£27,905 - £30,507 (pro rata for part time) pa plus Recruitment and Retention Allowance of 3%
Quote ref P000807/level 2
For level 2 posts you will carry a varied and challenging workload, reflecting increasing complexity, under the supervision and guidance of a line manager and demonstrate:
- willingness to undertake Practice Educator training
- evidence knowledge of the values and principles underpinning working with vulnerable adults within a community setting, and evidence working within the Standards of Proficiency from HCPC
- the ability to manage and effectively prioritise a caseload of increasing complexity, working under pressure and to meet deadlines
Occupational Therapist Level 3
£31,371 - £32,878 (pro rata for part time) pa plus Recruitment and Retention Allowance of 3%
Quote ref P000807/level 3
For level 3 posts you will carry a varied, challenging and complex workload. Regular supervision will be in accordance with the Departmental Supervision Policy.
You will also:
- be a practice educator or show willingness to undertake training
- evidence knowledge and increasing understanding of the values and principles underpinning working with vulnerable adults within a community setting, and evidence working within the Standards of Proficiency from HCPC
- demonstrate the ability to manage and effectively prioritise a complex caseload, work with integrity and professionalism, working under pressure and to meet deadlines
- be able to deal with emergency situations under the guidance of a senior practitioner where required
How to apply
Download and complete an application form (Word).
Please read the Job Description and Selection Criteria for the role before completing your application form, and apply for the level you feel is most appropriate by using the relevant reference number.
All offers will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Read our full Terms and conditions (PDF) here.
Email your completed application form to the Recruitment Team at Recruitment.email@example.com
Or post it to:Recruitment Team
Bedford Borough Council