Certain public authorities must notify us where one of its service users:
- may be homeless or at risk of homelessness, and
- consents to the referral
The following are public authorities with a duty to refer:
- prisons (public and contracted out)
- youth offender institutions and youth offending teams
- secure training centres (public and contracted out) and colleges
- probation services (community rehabilitation companies and national probation service)
- Jobcentre Plus
- accident and emergency services provided in a hospital
- urgent treatment centres, and hospitals in their capacity of providing in-patient treatment
- social service authorities.
For more information please see: Guide to Duty to Refer.
To make a referral to us please see below: