- English (English) - 'To translate the text into your language, click the orange button (BrowseAloud).
- বাংলা (Bengali) – আপনার ভাষায় পাঠ্যটি অনুবাদ করতে, কমলা বোতামটি (ব্রাউজআলউড) ক্লিক করুন।
- ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi) - ਟੈਕਸਟ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ, ਸੰਤਰੀ ਬਟਨ 'ਤੇ ਕਲਿੱਕ ਕਰੋ (ਬਰਾ Browseਜ਼ਆਲੌਡ).
- Türk (Turkish) – Metni kendi dilinize çevirmek için turuncu düğmeye (BrowseAloud) tıklayın.
- Italiano (Italian) - Per tradurre il testo nella tua lingua, fai clic sul pulsante arancione (BrowseAloud).
- Latvijas (Latvia) – Lai tulkotu tekstu savā valodā, noklikšķiniet uz oranžas pogas (BrowseAloud).
- Polskie (Polish) – Aby przetłumaczyć tekst na swój język, kliknij pomarańczowy przycisk (BrowseAloud).
- Slovensky (Slovak) - Ak chcete text preložiť do svojho jazyka, kliknite na oranžové tlačidlo (BrowseAloud).
- Română (Romanian) - Pentru a traduce textul în limba dvs., faceți clic pe butonul portocaliu (BrowseAloud).
The Safer Streets project is funded by the Home Office and aims to reduce crime and make the local area safer for you, your family and your neighbours.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Safer Streets project in Bedford covers Midland Road and surrounding areas. The streets included are:
- Alexandra Place
- Alexandra Road
- Ashburnham Road
- Battison Street
- Brereton Road
- Church Street
- Conduit Road
- Costin Street
- Gibbons Road
- Grafton Road
- Heron Quay
- Maitland Street
- Midland Road
- Prebend Street
- Priory Street
- Poulter Close
- Rutland Road
- Sovereigns Quay
- The Avenue
- Western Street
- Woburn Road
The Bedford Borough Community Safety Partnership have developed a plan to reduce crime. The Midland Road area, Safer Streets Project will deliver that plan in three ways.
We are upgrading the CCTV in the Midland Road area to Smart Cameras. The new cameras will be able to see better, and will look for behaviour that might show criminal activity. The new system does not use facial recognition but looks at shape and movement in public spaces. It will protect your privacy in the home.
Improving home security
We have been working with local resident to improve their home security
Over the last 6 months we have
- Completed 360 surveys with local residents
- Registered over 300 SmartWater kits to reduce the risk of burglary
- Completed over 100 home security checks to fit new locks and lights
- Referred 40 homes for new Smoke Alarms to reduce the risk of fire
Support your community
A Safer Streets Hub has been established in the area, where partner agencies can work to support the communities and help to make the Midland Road area safer. We will also work with community champions and neighbourhood groups.
Local help and support
Report crime online at Bedfordshire Police. Non-emergency call 101. In an emergency, call 999.
For fire and home safety checks, visit Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue. In an emergency, call 999.
Visit our Anti-social behaviour page to report anti-social behaviour (Bedford Borough Council)
Amicus Trust can offer support with accommodation, education, employment and mental health – 01234358478
Change Ur Life is a domestic abuse charity in Bedfordshire, offering a comprehensive outreach service to support victims over the age of 16 - call 07495 825 762
Visit Crimestoppers or call 0800 555 111 to report crime anonymously
FACES Bedford is a charity offering support to families who are under stress. Call 01234 270601
Path 2 Recovery (P2R) offer drug and alcohol advice, treatment and support to adults - 03333324019
Signpost Hub offer advice, help and support for victims of crime - call 0800 0282 887
The Salvation Army can offer practical support around homelessness, addiction, unemployment – 01234329200
Midland Road Area Residents’ Association (MARA) - email email@example.com
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org