- English (English) - 'To translate the text into your language, click the orange button (BrowseAloud).
- বাংলা (Bengali) – আপনার ভাষায় পাঠ্যটি অনুবাদ করতে, কমলা বোতামটি (ব্রাউজআলউড) ক্লিক করুন।
- ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi) - ਟੈਕਸਟ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ, ਸੰਤਰੀ ਬਟਨ 'ਤੇ ਕਲਿੱਕ ਕਰੋ (ਬਰਾ Browseਜ਼ਆਲੌਡ).
- Türk (Turkish) – Metni kendi dilinize çevirmek için turuncu düğmeye (BrowseAloud) tıklayın.
- Italiano (Italian) - Per tradurre il testo nella tua lingua, fai clic sul pulsante arancione (BrowseAloud).
- Latvijas (Latvia) – Lai tulkotu tekstu savā valodā, noklikšķiniet uz oranžas pogas (BrowseAloud).
- Polskie (Polish) – Aby przetłumaczyć tekst na swój język, kliknij pomarańczowy przycisk (BrowseAloud).
- Slovensky (Slovak) - Ak chcete text preložiť do svojho jazyka, kliknite na oranžové tlačidlo (BrowseAloud).
- Română (Romanian) - Pentru a traduce textul în limba dvs., faceți clic pe butonul portocaliu (BrowseAloud).
The Safer Streets project is funded by the Home Office and aims to reduce crime and make the local area safer for you, your family and your neighbours.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Safer Streets project in Bedford covers Midland Road and surrounding areas. The streets included are:
- Alexandra Place
- Alexandra Road
- Ashburnham Road
- Battison Street
- Brereton Road
- Church Street
- Costin Street
- Gibbons Road
- Grafton Road
- Maitland Street
- Midland Road
- Prebend Street
- Priory Street
- Rutland Road
- Western Street
View a map of the streets covered here: Safer Streets Map
The Bedford Borough Community Safety Partnership have developed a plan to reduce crime. The Midland Road area, Safer Streets Project will deliver that plan in three ways.
Stage one is to upgrade the CCTV in the Midland Road area to Smart Cameras. The new cameras can see better, and will look for behaviour that might show criminal activity. The new system does not use facial recognition but looks at shape and movement in public spaces. It will protect your privacy in the home.
We will be visiting every home shown on the map. We will offer an upgrade of your home security for free.
- Window locks
- Door locks
- SmartWater® – safe and invisible forensic marking, effective in reducing burglary. Watch a video about SmartWater here.
If you live in the area, look out for the home visit postcard coming through your door which will tell you when we are going to visit. Only let people into your home if they show official photo ID.
The equipment will be installed by experienced staff from Care and Repair Northamptonshire who have been installing home security measures for many years. Once each street is completed, permanent signs will be put up to show criminals that your street is covered by Smart CCTV cameras and SmartWater® forensic marking.
If English is not your first language, we will try to arrange a second home visit with help from someone who speaks your language.
The visit to your home will be done in a COVID-19 secure way, with social distancing and appropriate face coverings and gloves worn.
Prefer to complete an online form?
We understand that Covid-19 restrictions may mean that you do not feel safe talking to us at the door.
You can apply for the free home security upgrades by completing the following form:
Or call 0777 666 0235 to request a telephone survey.
Support your community
Stage three is to support the community. A Safer Streets Hub has been established in the area, where partner agencies can work to support the communities and help to make the Midland Road area safer. We will also work with community champions and neighbourhood groups.
Local help and support
Report crime online at Bedfordshire Police. Non-emergency call 101. In an emergency, call 999.
For fire and home safety checks, visit Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue. In an emergency, call 999.
Visit our Anti-social behaviour page to report anti-social behaviour (Bedford Borough Council)
Care and repair Northamptonshire is a Home Improvement Agency who support vulnerable people to feel safe, warm and secure in their homes - 01604 782250
Amicus Trust can offer support with accommodation, education, employment and mental health – 01234358478
Change Ur Life is a domestic abuse charity in Bedfordshire, offering a comprehensive outreach service to support victims over the age of 16 - call 07495 825 762
Visit Crimestoppers or call 0800 555 111 to report crime anonymously
FACES Bedford is a charity offering support to families who are under stress. Call 01234 270601
Path 2 Recovery (P2R) offer drug and alcohol advice, treatment and support to adults - 03333324019
Signpost Hub offer advice, help and support for victims of crime - call 0800 0282 887
The Salvation Army can offer practical support around homelessness, addiction, unemployment – 01234329200
Alexandra and Brereton Residents’ Association - contact Trevor Moisey on 01234 262505 or email email@example.com
Midland Road Area Residents’ Association (MARA) - email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com