Skip to main content

If a dog has bitten someone, attacked another dog or seems likely to attack, you should report it immediately to the police on 101.

Banned dogs

It’s against the law to own the following types of dogs:

  • Pit Bull Terrier
  • Japanese Tosa
  • Dogo Argentino
  • Fila Braziliero

You can report banned dogs to the police on 101.

Unsupervised dogs

If you see an unsupervised dog in a public place, you can report it to the Council’s dog warden service who will seize and detain the animal.

If the dog has a tag with contact details, or is microchipped, we will try to contact the owner. If the dog can’t be taken straight home it will be held at our kennels.