What we are consulting on
The Council’s capital programme sets out how we invest money in schemes and projects to improve Bedford Borough. With reducing resources it is vital that we use the limited funds available for projects that offer a real benefit. We are consulting on this year’s capital programme which includes:
- Wixams Schools: a £29 million scheme, of which the Council is proposing to contribute £5.2 million, in order to meet the demand for additional school places in the area by increasing capacity. This is a joint project with Central Bedfordshire Council who are also contributing funding as are the developers in Wixams.
- Riseley School: a £4.4 million scheme of which the Council is proposing to contribute £4 million. The scheme will involve demolishing the existing main block of the school following conversion to a Primary School and the building of a new main block.
- Allhallows Public Realm: this scheme will look to resurface the area around Allhallows to improve the built environment and encourage greater use of this area. The estimated cost is £2.5 million of which the Council is proposing to contribute £0.755 million.
- Bedford Park Cricket Pavilion: at a cost of £0.341 million, with the Council proposing to contribute £0.118 million, we are looking to bring the building back into use for the community and enhance the facilities within the building including changing rooms and shower facilities
- CCTV in Norse Road cemetery: a £0.072 million scheme which the Council is proposing to fund entirely aims to extend the CCTV system to cover the cemetery extension area and improve security.
How to Have Your Say
This consultation has now closed.
What Happens Next
Responses to the consultation will be considered by the Council’s Executive as part of the budget setting process at its meeting on 22 January 2020.
GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Under new Data Protection regulations (GDPR) we need to inform you of the reasons why we are capturing your data and what we will do with your data.
Any personal data collected and/or processed under this policy/ procedure will be dealt with in accordance with Data Protection Legislation and our Data Protection Policy. Data is held securely and accessed by, and disclosed to, only individuals where relevant to this policy/procedure.
To find out more information view our current Privacy Notices.