Skip to main content

Brexit transition period

The UK has left the European Union.

Go to the UK government's Brexit web pages for information on what this means for you.

For further information visit our Brexit transition period page . You can also sign up to receive email alerts about the transition period .

EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.

The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

You may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.

Sign up for email updates about the scheme.

Apply for the EU Settlement Scheme 

The EU Settlement Scheme is open. You can apply now for the EU Settlement Scheme if you meet the criteria.