Increasing economic participation is a priority for Bedford Borough. We offer a range of services for both residents and businesses.
- The Jobs Hub – provides assistance to those looking for employment by offering support advice and training. Please click on the link for further information and how to get in touch.
- Apprenticeships – thinking of becoming an apprentice? Have a look on our Apprenticeship page for further info
- Jobs @ Bedford BC – Thinking of working for the Council? All vacancies can be found here
Are you thinking of moving to Bedford or looking to improve skills within your existing workforce? We are here to help.
- Bedford Key Stats – an overview of facts and figures
- Recruitment – we can help you find your workforce. All details can be found here.
- Apprentices – thinking of taking on an apprentice? All the information you need can be found here.
- Schools Business Partnership – information about working with local school in Bedford
Council policies and strategies
As a Council, we aim to:
- Facilitate closer partnerships between the private sector and support providers to increase economic participation and promote demand led skills development
- Increase skill investment in growth sectors reinforcing their growth potential
- Connect those most in need to jobs and support businesses to create additional jobs and Apprenticeships
- Improve the employability of school leavers.
For further information, please contact Eleanor Marcham, Economic Development Manager (Employment & Skills) on 01234 276918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org