Bed:Safe is an initiative established by the North Bedfordshire Community Safety Partnership that recognises that the character of Bedford has changed from a county market town to more of an entertainment venue with a high concentration of licensed premises.
Specific objectives for Bed:Safe
- Reduce the number of alcohol-related assaults and alcohol-related crime in the town centre
- Work in partnership with the licensed trade to improve the management of licensed premises
- Promote the provision of safer drinking and safer clubbing and support services for those who visit Bedford’s pubs and clubs
- Reduce the perception of drunkenness, rowdiness and disorder
- Improve the movement of people around the town centre at night and thereby reduce the potential for nuisances to be caused and the opportunities for disorder