My Benefits is changing. From mid March we are introducing a new, improved account which will make it easier to manage your benefit claims and you will even be able to upload supporting documents making the process much simpler.
If you have already registered for a my benefits account you will need to set up a new account.
Check back to this page in mid March to find out how to sign up for your new My Benefits account.
Register for My Benefits so that you can:
- apply for Housing Benefit
- manage an existing Housing Benefit claim online
- claim Council Tax Support
Register for 'My Benefits'
Creating an account is easy and takes a couple of minutes. All you need is an email address and to follow these simple steps:
- Once you have opened the 'My Benefits' page, click on 'create account' (top right or bottom middle of the My Account page).
- Click 'Send me an email to activate My Account'.
- You will receive an activation email - click the link within the email to activate your account.
Login to 'My Benefits'
Once you have activated your new account, login using your email address and your newly created password.
- Enter your claim reference number as shown on your entitlement letter, it is 8 digits long and starts with either 1 or 0.
- Enter your full name including any middle names.
- Enter your house name or number and your postcode.
- Click 'complete address' then select the correct address from the list.
- You will be asked to input about your National Insurance number as security information.
- Click 'register' to complete the registration of your account.
Make a new benefits claim
If you want to make a new claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax support you can choose the 'apply for Housing Benefit' link and follow the instructions on screen.
The majority of customers will now need to apply for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit, please go to Housing Benefit and Council Tax support for further information.
You can also register to view and manage your Council Tax account online.
To access My Benefits or your Council Tax account online you need to firstly register to transact with the Council if you have not already done so (see instructions above) as you will need a login ID (usually your email address) and create a password.
The only way to apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support is via the My Benefits online system.
If you have an enquiry about your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support application, you can email Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. or phone 01234 718097.