You need to register for My Benefits to make a new housing benefits claim, or manage an existing claim online.
If you haven't already registered to make online payments or to transact with the Council online, please read or copy and save these instructions first and then click the 'My Benefits' button near the bottom of this page.
Register for 'My Benefits'
Creating an account is easy and takes a couple of minutes - all you need is an email address and to follow these simple steps:
- Once you have opened the 'My Benefits' page, click on 'create account' (top right or bottom middle of the My Account page).
- Click 'Send me an email to activate My Account'.
- You will receive an activation email - click the link within the email to activate your account.
Login to 'My Benefits'
Once you have activated your new account, login using your email address and your newly created password.
- Enter your claim reference number as shown on your entitlement letter, it is 8 digits long and starts with either 1 or 0.
- Enter your full name including any middle names.
- Enter your house name or number and your postcode.
- Click 'complete address' then select the correct address from the list.
- You will be asked to input about your National Insurance number as security information.
- Click 'register' to complete the registration of your account.
Make a new benefits claim
If you want to make a new claim for housing benefit or council tax support you can choose the 'apply for Housing Benefit' link and follow the instructions on screen.
You can also register to view and manage your Council Tax account online.
To access My Benefits or your Council Tax account online you need to firstly register to transact with the Council if you have not already done so (see instructions above) as you will need a login ID (usually your email address) and create a password.