Skip to main content

Change in circumstance

If you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support you must tell us if your circumstances change as it could affect your entitlement.

Tell us straight away if you have a change in your circumstance. 

A change of circumstance can include:

  • starting or stopping work, education, training or an apprenticeship
  • changes to the benefits you or anyone else in your house gets
  • changes to your pension, savings, investments or property
  • moving house
  • your rent going up or down
  • going abroad for any length of time
  • going into hospital, a care home or sheltered accommodation
  • people moving into or out of your house (for example your partner, a child or lodger)
  • having a baby
  • your partner or someone you live with is dying
  • your child turning 18

The quickest way to tell us about a change of circumstance is to login to 'My Benefits':

Tell us via My Benefits

You can also email Customer Services at or phone 01234 718097.