Conditions of Service and Benefits
To help attract, motivate and retain staff we have in place
conditions of service and benefits that recognise the importance we
place on our people:
- Competitive salary with incremental rises each year until the
top of the salary grade is reached. Appointments will be made
at the first point of the advertised grade unless there are
- Nationally agreed cost of living awards. Salaries are paid on
the 27th day of each month.
- Unless otherwise stated the standard working week is 37
- Appointments are subject to a 6 month probationary period.
- Minimum of 26 days annual leave, rising to 31 days after 5
years local government service. This is exclusive of bank
- Occupational sick pay scheme - up to 6 months’ full pay and 6
months’ half pay after 5 years local government service.
- Contributory final average salary pension scheme (variable
- Flexi-time Scheme – dependent on post.
- Flexible working hours and patterns to help maintain work life
- Relocation Scheme (subject to meeting eligibility
- Confidential counselling and welfare service.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Range of family friendly policies including generous
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket rail loan scheme.
- Financial assistance for career development.
- Loans for car purchases (designated user posts only).
- Smoke free buildings/sites.
- Discounted parking whilst at work (click
here for more information about the salary sacrifice car
Note – these are for posts covered by the NJC and Soulbury.