Water Butt Kit Special
Offer - £30 (while stocks last)
To help residents save water
and money, Bedford Borough Council has made 100 Water
Butt Kits available at the special price of £30 (plus £5.49
delivery charge). The kit is ideal for collecting water from your
home, garage, greenhouse or shed which you can then use to water
your garden, reducing the need to use mains water. The kit includes
a stand which enables you to fit a watering can under the tap, a
child safe lid, and handles for easy lifting, and is supplied
with easy-to-follow fitting instructions.
To order a water
butt, call: 0845 130 6090 or visit: www.getcomposting.com.
Free Water Efficiency Home
Visit from Anglian Water
Find out if you qualify for a
free water efficiency home visit from Anglian Water.
During the visit, water efficiency advice and a free 'leak
check' will be provided and water-saving products will be
fitted where possible, for free. Visit the
Anglian Water website to find out more.
Tips to help you reduce
the amount of water you use around the home:
Around 25% of your energy
bill is from heating the water in your home you use during
showering, washing clothes and dishwashing, so by using water more
efficiently and cutting out waste and unnecessary use, you can
save money and conserve water.
- A running tap uses a lot of water: Don't leave the tap running
while brushing your teeth and use a bowl for washing vegetables and
- Fix dripping taps - it could be wasting up to 90 litres of
water a week.
- Take a shower instead of a bath, but remember a power shower
can use twice as much water as a bath.
- Wait until you have a full load before doing your washing or
using the dishwasher, or use the half-load button on your
- If you need to purchase a new water using appliance, check to
see how water efficient it is and get the most efficient model you
- Use a bucket and sponge to clean your car instead of a
- Collect rainwater from your home, garage, greenhouse or
shed in water butts and buckets, and then re-use it in the
EST's guide to installing a water butt.