What is a Children's Centre?
Whether you are a mum, dad, grandparent, family member or carer,
your local Children's Centre provides a range of services from
pregnancy to five years in a fun, family friendly and safe
environment. Activities vary from fun play sessions to family
support and include:
- Access to your local Health Visitor and Midwife
- Breastfeeding and weaning support
- Information and advice on funding for two year olds
- Information about child development reviews for one
and two year old children
- Support for your child's journey into pre school and
- Support for children with special needs and disabilities
- Opportunities for adult training and employment advice
- Support and advice around benefit entitlements
- Access to Parenting and 1:1 support workshops
There are 15 Children's Centre sites across Bedford
Borough. Children's Centre activities are also delivered from
local village halls, community venues and parks.
You can see what is happening at your local Children's Centre
call the Family Information Service on 0800 023 2057 to receive a
copy of your local Children's Centre timetable.
Where is your
local Children's Centre?
You can find contact details
for your local Children's Centre on our Early
Help Directory or alternatively by calling Bedford Borough
Family Information Service on 0800 023 2057.
Registering with your local Children's Centre
Please complete a Children's
Centre Registration Form to keep updated with local
activities, events and useful information relevant to you and your
The Children’s Centre will enter your
information onto a secure database and keep you updated
with local activities, events and
useful information relevant to you and your family. Your
information will not be shared with
organisations outside of the Local Authority and Children
Centre’s partners without your consent and will not be used for
marketing or advertising purposes.
Centre Registration Form (PDF document, opens in new
Centre Leaflet (PDF document, opens in new window)